Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Moments by Kathleen White

Welcome to the blog today.  It's time for the second weekly post from our January Blue Fern Fan of the Month, Kathleen White.   

 * * * * * * * * *
 This layout is all about love.  My daughter and her husband are enjoying a beautiful tropical day.  They were celebrating my niece's wedding.  So, Blue Fern Studio's new Heartland paper collection with its vibrant pastels and beautiful floral designs are perfect for this photo.



 On the inside of the floral heart I used a sea inspired stencil, then using several shades of blue, I recreated the ocean to mirror the picture.  I cut out a piece of white card stock to frame the picture, and then positioned one of the Heartland card notes behind it to accentuate the sand tones. I dipped a long strip of cheese cloth in a soft blue paint and flowed it behind the picture along with some white string.   Then I tore strips from the Songbird Drama paper to create height and anchor it all.



I adore these Blue Fern Studio lilies and blooms.  They are gorgeous!



 I used several different blue paints on this gorgeous Blue Fern Studios Frilly Bauble chipboard piece.  I cut it in half and placed it above and below the picture.

 

Blue Fern Studio products: 

Heartland  Paper Collection
Sweet on You
Love Notes
Memories paper collection
Songbird's drama

Flowers
Spring Lilies
Dark Tropic Lilies

Chipboard
 Frilly Bauble

Thank you for stopping by today.  I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed sharing my creation with you.

8 comments:

  1. Simply amazing, Kathleen! Love how you extended the ocean from your photo. And your chipboard alteration is dynamite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and beautiful! Very innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so thrilled to have Kathleen with us this month! Kathleen, this paper is sure to be a favorite from the Heartland Collection, and you have really shown its beauty. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete