Monday, May 16, 2016

May creations by Maja

Welcome, dear Visitors, to the Blue Fern Studios blog today :-)

It's Maja here to share some projects I made for today's post.

Let's begin with the layout you already could see  - my sample for the BFS May sketch challenge.


As usually, I followed the sketch quite closely, trying to incorporate all the elements. I used the Timeless collection. For the background, I layered the Freedom and Maconnerie sheets and then repreated the brick pattern from Maconnerie using bricks (mine were leftovers from the Brick Panel, but you may also get them in the Blue Fern Bits set) I coloured white:



Under the photo you may see the tags I cut out from the Calling Cards sheet. Then I embossed the Merriment word first with Garnet ep, and then with Mystic Plum - as it is semi-transparent, it resulted in a new, shimmering colour :-)


I decorated the Love This word from the Arrow Words set, and placed it on an ornament I cut out from one of the Calling Cards tags. I completed my page with a piece of lace and mini roses:


Merriment:
Papers: Timeless: Maconnerie, Freedom, Keepsakes, Calling Cards
Chipboard: Arrow Words, Serendipity Words 2, Shabby Brick Panel/Blue Fern Bits
EP: Garnet, Mystic Plum

 For my second layout I used our latest release, the Tranquility collection - I just fell in love with the wood patterns included!


I couldn't resist using one of those beautiful woods for the background ;-) Then I matted the photo with the darker wood pattern and placed it onto the largest of the Splattered Circles chipboard set and added flowers from the two sets that match the collection. Then I surrounded the photo with pieces from the Seeing Stars set.



I coloured my chippies with four different embossing powders, re-heating and adding pinch of various colours here and there to get a varied, distressed look:


For the title I used a piece from the Spiritually Speaking set and embossed it with In the Navy ep - I just love this deep dark blue it gives! And then, as a cherry on top, I added yet another star in the form of a metal charm from my stash :-)



Angel Eyes:
Papers: Tranquility: Serenity, Jubilation, Calm, Patience
Chipboard: Seeing Stars, Splattered Circles, Spiritually Speaking
EP: Mushroom, Icicle, Oatmeal, 14 Karat, In the Navy
Flowers: Tranquil Blooms, Tranguil Roses and Lilies


Mother's Day is celebrated on different days around the world, but many countries celebrate it in May. And so, last but not least, come two cards I made for this occasion:


I also used papers and flowers from the tranquility collection - as you can see, it's perfect for boy themes and romantic creations too :-) I went for the pink palette with one of the cards and combined some chipboard pieces from various sets, painting them or embossing with embossing powders:


The other card features one of the chipboard sets that go with the collection, Jubilation Corners, and the aqua-green flowers from the collection blooms.


I first coloured the chipboard with various mists for a delicate shiny look and then accentuated the butterflies with white crackle paint. I just love the shabby chic effect!



Mother's Day Cards:
Papers: Tranquility: Hushed, Peaceful
Chipboard: Veranda Cage Set, All Natural Set, Jubilation Corners, Mini Flourishes
EP: Oatmeal, Cotton Candy
Flowers: Tranquil Blooms, Tranguil Roses and Lilies, Courtship Roses


And that's all for today, thank you for visiting and do visit us later for more inspiration :-)

hugs, Maja

1 comment:

  1. Scrapbook is the most innovative way to reveal your invisible inner self. It is the best way to represent your abilities with wonderful styles. Here, we are going to talk about on Maja styles document, which are very popular these days. http://daily-crossword.com/

    ReplyDelete