Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Bente's April projects.

Hi it's me Bente!
I used the new Deja Vu papers for two of my projects. I also used matching chipboards. 
It is such a pretty collection!

First I made an off the page project. 
Such an easy project but it still has the 'cute' effect .-)
The cute little shadowbox was a leftover from some used up scrapsupplies.


I painted the box with diluted gesso and added small areas of green/pink paint.


I painted the branch and added a couple of mini roses to it. I glued pictures and some journalling cards to the back and proceeded to decorate the box with flowers etc. Fun!!


My second project is a layout, which is what I normally make.



I used several of the gorgeous papers from the 'Deja Vu' collection, Nowadays I really like working with the colour purple.(As opposed to when I first started scrapping when I found it such a 
hard colour to work with). I just love the purple/yellow combo here.


To emphasize the purple tone of the papers I decided to paint my chipboards purple as well. 
I used part of the large chickenwirepurple panel and Deja Vu dangles.


I used most of the papers in the collection and had so much fun trying out what papers to mix and match. I distressed and layered some of the journalling cards in the center as a mat for my photo.


I also coloured some of the flowers with paint to make them match more. As most of my stuff is in boxes at the moment due to the move I am really challenged to find enough other supplies to complement what I have. That's why I had to paint my flowers ;-)
If you look closely you might even notice I used some of the new Deja Vu stamps. ;-)


Finally I have a page for you that I made a little while ago, -actually at the end of last month. 
It was done for the Blue Fern Studios monthly sketch challenge. 

First you have the sketch. If you hurry you can still make it by the 30th of April.

Look HERE.




And below is the page that I made with inspiration from the above sketch. 


Okay, that's all for now! 
Thank you for checking out Blue Fern Studios and my projects.
See you next month!



2 comments:

  1. Love your projects with Deja vu, especially the shadowbox, what a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful layouts and a lovely shadowbox.

    ReplyDelete