Friday, October 3, 2014

Two monochromatic layouts by Marie-Josee

Hello, Blue Fern Studios fans!

Today, I have two monochromatic mixed media layouts to show you.

"Tofino" layout

This summer, we went to Tofino, British Columbia, a beautiful beach. I decided to focus on the blue because it is the color of the sea and it makes a nice contrast with the color of the sand in my picture.



I glued two pieces from the Checker Bits set to my background and applied gesso all over. I then added color with Gelatos and various mists. I also stamped patterns with black ink on my chipboard.

I also used two pieces of the Ombre Dreams paper behind my photo.


"Wonderful Sweet" layout

To create this layout, I glued the Number Grid - Small to my background, and once again, I applied gesso all over. I also applied gesso to my square frame, which is part of the Graduated Squares set, and to the words, Wonderful, as well as Sweet, from the Arrow Words set. I set those aside.


Then, I added color to my background with Twinkling H2O watercolors, Gelatos and various mists. I also used stamps and black ink.


I added two different colors of mist to my frame.


The words were not altered, because I wanted them to stand out.



1 comment:

  1. Both LO's are so wonderfull. I like the monochromatic look and both colors are so cool. The way you added the chipboards is great. Thank you for this inspirations.
    Hugs Elfi

    ReplyDelete