Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Little Bit of Summer, A Little Bit of Winter

Good morning!! Kelly here today.
I hope everyone is doing well..I am sure most are quite busy preparing for the upcoming holidays!! I wish you all a safe and happy holiday season!!

"Family"
 I just adore this photo of my oldest daughter, and my nephew, taken a couple summers ago. They are absolutely adorable!! They are only a month apart in age :)
I used a few little bits of Blue Fern. Starting with the Film Strips. All of the pieces on this layout were treated the same...colored with chalk ink, given a dab here and there of shimmering paints, and a touch of gesso.


Below I used one of the Memory Frames, along with a section of the Damask Flourish to complete my cluster.


"Fly"

To create an interesting textured background, I used a section of the Screen Panel. I gave it a couple coats of gesso, glued it to the page, and added different colors of paint here and there to make it blend nicely.


Next I added a handful of the Bohemian flowers to my flowers clusters. These are so cute and fun for a summery page!


"Peace on Earth" Tag

Lastly, I switched gears into a wintery tag. I adore the snow covered pine tree from the Let it Snow pack, alont with the Shabby Flakes. I gave them all a coat of white paint, some metallic white dimensional paint, and a bit of crushed glass glitter. I  added just a touch of green to the tree using a Gelato.

Thank you so much for looking at my projects today!!
Have a great weekend!!

*Kelly*

4 comments: